Monday 23 April 2012

Painting in our PJ's

I often think that the poem 'If' by Rudyard Kipling should be handed to parents as they leave the postnatal ward to return home (or as the midwife leaves if you have had a home birth). The sentiment of the first line and 1/2 appears to sum up how I'd often like to respond in the many manic situations we find ourselves in  'If you can keep your head when all about you, Are losing theirs..'

Yesterday was definitely one of those days.

We had a bit of a painting 'disaster'......  We woke up too late to go to church (after having been up half the night with 'The Frog'). 'The Fairy' REALLY wanted to do some painting, so we decided to have a lazy morning painting in our pyjamas.

Whilst setting up we had a bit of an explosion - so much for a 'relaxed' morning!


It was so messy all 'The Fairy' and I could do was laugh. We laughed so loudly it woke up my darling hubby who was having a lie in (normally a bomb wouldn't wake him). I was tempted to see if we could make a print from the explosion on the table but we didn't have a piece of paper big enough (I though it would make a great part of Red Ted's Get Arty Link up party - as a Jackson Pollock style painting!) We did a bit of hand printing to try and use up some of the paint then had a mammoth clean up operation and some impromptu water play!

Both the children ('The Frog' had been innocently watching in his high chair) and myself looked like Smurfs, there was paint everywhere- on the walls ...carpet... I'm very pleased I insisted 'The Fairy' wore her painting apron. We then curled up on the sofa to watch the London Marathon. I put the paints way until tomorrow (at least!)

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments and will try to reply to any questions you have.