Wednesday 1 August 2012

The Playful Family ebook review

I'm new to the whole world of ebooks. I can't quite believe I held off for so long - I love the physical experience of holding and reading a book. Now I've started I'm quickly becoming a convert, I am amazed at the huge range of books out there in the ebook form (and so many classics available for free, I know its old news but I'm excited!).

But its not just classics that are available, today is the launch of a new ebook by Shawn Ledington Fink (Awesomely Awake), 'The Playful Family'.


It encourages us to stop rushing from planned activity to planned activity and turn of the TV ('for at least an hour') and get down to the very serious work of playing.

Even though I would consider our family to be a 'playful family' I still found pratcical suggestions to engage in play with my children. From being a scary character in role play to mixing up your routine. As well as providing ideas to play and be playful there are also tips to connect- ideas to help you celebrate the everyday and the extraordinary (my favourite being a memory jar).

The books reassuring ethos of  'its OK not to teach your kids something today' and its OK for Mums to have a break combined with practical ideas mean the 35 pages are easily read. The challenges at the end of each chapter encourage you to put the ideas into practice.

The Playful Family can be download for $4.99 from Awesomely Awake at http://awesomelyawake.com/the-playful-family/  Considering I would spend nearly $4.99 on a coffee (especially if I got a cake too!) and get much less to think about, I think this book is worth a read.

*In agreeing to do this post I received a free copy of the e book.The opinions expressed in this article are my own and have not been influenced by this*

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments and will try to reply to any questions you have.