Tuesday 13 November 2012

Craft with babyfood jars

Whenever I look at a baby food jar I think 'I could make something out of that'. I think it's the miniature appeal that makes them cute. Check out this collection of ideas for using baby food jars.



Want to teach kids about being thankful, how about this gratitude turkey from Toddler Approved.



When I saw this post by The Imagination Tree about how to make a glass lantern, I knew instantly that we should use one of many baby food jars in our craft cupboard to make a mini version.



Feeling Christmasy, check out these very friendly snow men from Inspired by Family.


Red Ted Art used baby food jars to make some very easy snow globes.

These lanterns also by Inspired by Family would make a great table centre piece.


Or how about some salt art?


Been visited from outer space - Train up a child used baby food jars to make these glow in the dark aliens.


We also love to use jars for sorting and storing.


Do you upcycle jars? What do you do?



7 comments:

  1. oooh lovely collection. We have some science kits on the go at the moment featuring jars. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ideal for those home-made preserves too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great ideas. i like the tissue paper ones.. very pretty. thanks for the inspiration... i need new crafty ideas. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many adorable ideas!
    Visiting from It's Playtime

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this great roundup and for sharing this on Tuesday Tots. I am featuring it in next weeks TT :) You're welcome to grab a featured button if you don't already have one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i never know what to do with baby food jars that I have when my nephew eats here. I love your idea for the hanging candle holders. Now I'm upset I've never saved any! I hope you'll join us for the Eco Kids link up: http://organicaspirations.blogspot.com/2012/11/leaf-rubbings-eco-kids-tuesday.html?showComment=1353507075202#c3866632343257884779

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all upcycled craft ideas and this is such a wonderful set. Thank you for including our snowglobes!

    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments and will try to reply to any questions you have.