Monday 3 December 2012

Poppy Cat book review and pirate play

The lovely people at Macmillan books sent us a copy of 'All Aboard' their latest Poppy Cat book to review.  'All Aboard' is one of their two newly released titles (the other being 'Blast off').

'All Aboard' tells the adventure of Poppy Cat and her friends when they set sail to find some buried treasure. Whilst it is not my favourite of the Poppy Cat titles (we have a few!) The Fairy loves it. I think this book would appeal most to either firm Poppy Cat fans or pirate lovers. I think The Fairy liked it best because of her current love of buried treasure and maps (I sometimes think she expects to find treasure digging in the sand pit).

All the talk of treasure and maps led us to a bit of pirate play (fortunately we had some gold coins on hand from our nativity story box to act as treasure).

5 comments:

  1. My kids would love Poppy Cat's new book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read any of the Poppy Cat books. Thanks for sharing at The Children's Bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've never heard of Poppy Cat. Is that an English author? My daughter loves books about cats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we read some of these a while back. Need to dig them out again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments and will try to reply to any questions you have.